Researcher or Senior researcher
We are looking for a
Researcher or Senior researcher, Technology Evaluation
to join our Innovation Intelligence department.
Your part in Neste journey
As a Researcher or Senior researcher, Technology Evaluation, your main focus will be on carrying out technical and techno-economic evaluations and technology scouting tasks related to a number of possible sustainable technological fields, e.g. waste plastics, lignocellulosics or sustainable chemicals. Your work will contribute to the identification, assessment and development of new technology and business opportunities as well as wider decision-making within Neste in our journey to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions.
In your role, you will
- Carry out techno-economic analyses of new processes related to different renewable and circular technology platforms. The work includes performing technology and process concept evaluations, related technical calculations as well as economic evaluations and the identification of most interesting opportunities
- Support or lead related technology and business development projects
- Scout for new technology opportunities
- Perform and support technology due diligence studies
- Support market and business case analysis
- Innovation Intelligence department carries out high-quality technology evaluation and scouting for new technology and business opportunities and also supports the strategy development and decision-making at corporate level. You will work closely with your colleagues in project teams aiming at technology identification, evaluation, development and commercialization. You will be in contact with several internal stakeholders and external parties. We are currently proceeding on a number of technological fields, and are ther efore looking for technology evaluation researchers for different fields. Depending on your background and expertise, your key focus area might be e.g. waste plastics, lignocellulosics or renewable chemicals related technologies. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us. The position will be officially located in Porvoo, but there is a possibility for flexible working between our Porvoo and Espoo offices.
Keys to success in this role
- The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master’s degree or higher from a relevant field, e.g. engineering
- A few (researcher) or several (senior researcher) years of relevant experience e.g. in engineering, R&D or technology consulting
- Expertise and experience in process concept and techno-economic evaluations
- Expertise in at least one relevant technological area within the broad category of renewable and circular solutions
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including relevant tools (e.g. Excel)
- Strong communication skills, including presentation and report writing skills, and ability to make conclusions and recommendations
- Fluent written and spoken command of English
We also value
- Experience from technology or business development
- Experience in technology due diligence work
- Project management capability and experience
- Curiosity towards new ideas and opportunities, willingness to work outside one’s own comfort zone
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.Are you interested in identifying, evaluating and taking forward new opportunities?
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Head of Innovation Intelligence, Jesse Kautto, +358 50 458 9787 on 20th of February during 10-11 EET or on 27th of February during 10-11 EET.
Please submit your application by February 29th, 2020.
Please include your CV and Cover Letter attached to your application.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.