Are you newly graduated chemistry expert looking for your first job in the field? Or are you already gained experience in biobased materials? We are now looking for a researcher with a focus on experimental research (of biobased materials) at lab scale for our client company Neste Oyj. We are looking for a person who is highly motivated towards the research field, and is proactive, brave and diligent young professional. With this you should have a degree from relevant studies to succeed in this role. Sounds interesting? Read more about the role below and apply for the position!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this position you will work with a team of experts strengthening the development of Neste's future raw materials, the ones in prospect within mid and long term, and their value chains. With this team you are responsible for delivering competence and preprocessing solutions enabling the use of new sustainable raw materials for the production of fuels, chemicals, and materials.
* Conduct and coordinate research at laboratory scale
* Research the quality, composition, and technical properties of biomass-based feedstocks in various processing conditions
* Plan, coordinate, and report internal and external analysis
* Participate in over all data analysis and/or make literature reviews
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Master's degree or higher from a relevant field, e.g., Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
* Experience in conducting/coordinating experimental research at laboratory scale
* Experience in making literature reviews
* Fluent English and excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
With this we hope you are:
* Analytical problem-solver
* Able to take responsibility
* Great team worker who can as well work independetly
* Proactiveness and hands-on attitude
We also value:
* Doctoral degree
* Knowhow of analytical methods for biobased materials
* Knowhow related to biobased materials such as microalgae
* August 2022 - 30.6.23, possibility to continue
* Location: Porvoo, Espoo, remote
This recruitment process will include interviews, a pre-assignment, and possible aptitude testing.
We work continuously with the selection and the ad can be closed down before the position is filled, if we have decided to continue with selection and interviews. All questions about the position should be directed to Academic Work.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children.
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Nestes transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. We are also committed to carbon neutral production by 2035. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique.
We have set high standards for biodiversity, human rights and supply chain. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the worlds most sustainable companies.
To carry out our strategy and business growth, our values guide our work. We support, develop and take care of the wellbeing of our people to enable them to grow, innovate and build our future.
We care. We have courage. We cooperate.
At Neste we want our people to feel good and do good. We provide clear and transparent targets, development opportunities, empowering leadership as well as rewards based on role and responsibilities.
Nestes strategy is called Faster, Bolder and Together. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge.
In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before - together.
In the end, it is the people who make the company. We are Neste.
For more information, please visit neste.com.