Researcher, Heavy products
We are looking for a
Researcher of Heavy products
to join our Fuel Products team in Innovation function in Porvoo.
Your part in Neste journey
We offer an interesting and challenging position in an innovative and skilled expert group taking the development work of cleaner fuels further. This position provides an opportunity to develop yourself into a versatile fuel product expert and to network with both internal and external stakeholders of Neste.
The work in R&D unit is performed in development projects together with Neste business units, e.g. with refining, technical customer service and marketing organizations. Teamwork between different experts and laboratories as well as with internal and external partners is essential in this role. Additionally, this position includes cooperation activities with different stakeholders.
In your role, you will
- Support Oil Products BU’s business on heavy oil products business
- Strengthen our expertise on oil blending properties that would enable us optimize our heavy oil products production chain
- Plan, organise, lead and report internal and external experimental and analysis work
- Research of chemical properties of heavy oils, including their operating and performance characteristics
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master's degree or higher in Organic chemistry or in other relevant field
- Strong background in Chemistry
- Preferably 2 years of relevant work experience from R&D
- Experience on working in cross-functional teams and coordinating the work
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Cooperative team player attitude with excellent social skills
- Ability to actively seek solutions and innovate
We also value
- Knowledge from Physical chemistry
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of oil refining processes
- Ability to work with different people
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with R&D Manager Merja Kouva, tel. +358 50 458 0657 on Friday 15th of January at 10.00-11.00 EET or Thursday 21st of January at 12.00-13.00 EET.
Please submit your application with cover letter and CV by 31st of January at the latest.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.