Would you like to take a leading role in a newly formed Resilience of Society team as a research team leader and coach the team for future opportunities? We are enhancing our competence in the area of resilience and risk management in order to develop preparedness and technical solutions for the future societal threat scenarios. Our research focus in resilience is related to defence, energy, infra & water.
We are looking for a person interested in leading skilled experts in the world of systemic approach and causality, with the ability to understand the big picture and differentiate causes and effects. Various digital tools are utilised to generate value from raw data, e.g. identified factors effecting on a phenomena, into design values, indicators and requirement specifications. Machine learning based data analysis makes the base for security solutions of future digitalised world. Typical simulation tools utilised are e.g., FinnPSA for probabilistic risk assessment, FDS for fire safety and evacuation, Vensim, Stamp for systematic approach and causality. Deeper knowledge on one or more application area is expected.
With us you will be responsible for
• Research team leader is responsible for the inspiring leadership of the research team and personnel management: Responsibility of teams’ resource management ensuring balanced workload among team members.
• Responsible of team spirit and well-being and work safety of the personnel. Continuous competence development and coaching according to future customer needs. Active contribution to leadership of the Research Area
• Building up a balanced project portfolio: Active participation in sales and research project preparation together with other key people. Development of offering, commercialization and R&D activities in collaboration with others.
• Enhancing collaboration within VTT and with external partners. Building up networks with customers and top research partners.
• Ownership of selected projects and participation in demanding customer and research projects
We expect you to have
The most important requirements are:
• Competence in leading a research team and strong motivation to lead a team of experts. Personnel management, leadership and co-operation skills are valued.
• Proven experience and knowledge in the scope of team agenda
• Sales and business development experience is regarded valuable.
• Proactive and collaborative ways of working, good organizer and good communication and networking skills
• Master’s degree (or higher) in relevant area.
• Fluent in Finnish and English. Additional languages are appreciated, too.
As a person you are
• open-minded, innovative, business oriented and can work under pressure
• good collaboration skills, natural and professional attitude
• self-driven, willingness to learn new things, well-organised
• willingness to travel
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
Salary request is appreciated.
For further information
For more information about the position, you can contact Tarja Laitinen, Vice President for Lifecycle solutions, +358408222905 on Thursday June 13 between 9.30-11.30 or Monday June 24 between 9-10.30.
Oikotien yrityssivu näyttää sinulle perustiedot työnantajasta, viimeisimmät uutiset yrityksistä ja Oikotiellä parhaillaan auki olevat yrityksen muut työpaikat.