Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist in circuit development for thin-film electronics
Do you want to join our multidisciplinary team working with Flexible sensors & devices. Our team has solid competencies in basic material sciences, (bio)chemistry and physics. By combining these with know-how in embedded wireless electronics and printed and hybrid technologies based mass manufacturing process development we target to the development of new printed electronic components and flexible, wearable, and autonomous sensor systems.
With us will be responsible for
• Developing new solutions for materials and processing of printed thin-film-electronics circuits.
• Materials, device and circuit fabrication and characterization using a wide variety of microscopic, spectroscopic, thermal and electrical techniques.
• Actively explore new technologies and participate in project planning, application writing and customer related work.
We expect you to have
• University degree at Master´s or PhD level and strong experience in Materials Physics, Physical Chemistry and/or Electrical Engineering.
• Experience on experimental and theoretical work on development and characterization of thin-film devices.
• Multidisciplinary can-do attitude and willingness to work outside comfort zone to learn new skills.
• Good oral and written English skills.
• Willingness to travel.
As a person you are
Open-minded with good collaboration skills. You are also able to proactively and systematically plan and implement your research work and participate in project acquisition and preparation. You have capability and willingness to take responsibility in supervising junior researchers and research support personnel. You have curiosity towards various scientific and technological challenges.
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in Flexible sensors and devices together with VTT´s top experts, a possibility to take part in solving interesting scientific and technological challenges and develop a broad understanding of thin-film electronics, sensor systems and related materials science.
For further information
To your application, please attach
• Curriculum vitae
• List of publications
• Diplomas and course records of studies
• Names of possible referees
For more information about the position, you can contact Ari Alastalo, Principal Scientist (tel. +358 40 537 6198), Jaakko Leppäniemi, Senior Scientist (tel. +358 40 4843296) or Maria Smolander, Research Team Leader (tel. +358 40 7029933).