Research Scientist, Microstructural characterization
Do you want to join our expert team located in Espoo?
With us you will be responsible for
• Your main responsibility will be to contribute to research and testing of structural materials used in nuclear power plant conditions, including radioactive materials, and specifically through microstructural characterization by using Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM). You will also be involved in customer oriented research, e.g. failure analysis, and have a key role in building the electron microscopy project portfolio and developing related procedures around the characterization of radioactive materials as a part of VTT's new hot cell laboratory.
• Contact with our clients, networking and preparation of customer commissions and research project proposals, as well writing publications on research results will be important aspects of your work.
We expect you to have
• Experience in microstructural characterization and knowledge in different electron microscopy techniques and analytical tools, especially regarding Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM).
• Good understanding of materials science and/or engineering materials science with appropriate University degree is expected to provide suitable background for further personal development in the work.
• Familiarity with demanding project management and good negotiation skills are appreciated.
• Language skills other than Finnish and English are not necessary but appreciated.
As a person you are
• Customer-oriented and willing to enhance and contribute to the research and development work on materials microstructural characterization, and you value high technical quality and customer service.
• You are able to adopt new things at a fast pace, and you are visionary in your own research area.
• Willingness to travel and meet potential customers.
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching. We offer you a qualified personnel and modern test facilities and infrastructure in our new Centre for Nuclear Safety in Espoo, Otaniemi near good traffic connections.
We offer a great opportunity to develop technological competences in materials science together with VTT´s top experts as well as an inspirational working environment where we solve future sustainable energy questions with our customers.