Research Program Manager
Neste creates sustainable solutions for transport, business, and consumer needs. Our wide range of renewable products such as Neste MY Renewable Diesel™ and Neste MY Renewable Jet Fuel™ enable our customers to reduce climate emissions. We are also a technologically advanced refiner of high-quality oil products. We are growing and renewing ourselves by innovations.
Are you interested in chemical recycling of waste plastics? Our ambitious goal is to use more than 1 Mton/a of waste plastic as raw material in fossil refining from 2030 onwards. We are developing the technology concept together with partners and would like to have you onboard.
Are you worried about marine fuel emissions? We are developing an efficient refining concept for low sulphur marine fuels. We are proud to offer solutions and products, which meet the strict market needs and keep our customers satisfied. If you are inspired, join us.
We are looking for two
Research Program Managers
to lead our large and complex development initiatives.
Your part in Neste’s journey
It is a great time to join us!
In your role, you will be
- responsible for planning the program activities and together with Business Owner make sure that the research work is well scoped and coordinated to support the business needs
- responsible for the overall leadership of the program, regular stakeholder management and communication, research partner agreements and reporting
- driven by structure and goals but at the same time understand the nature of experimental research work, need for validating the results and mitigating safety risks.
You will work closely with our expert researchers and project managers to ensure high quality results with business value. We will offer you an interesting and challenging role in Neste Innovation organization, where you have the opportunity to develop your career in a growing and renewing company.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experience, skills and background is
- Master’s degree or higher education in technology or natural sciences
- Minimum 10 years of experience in process industry or energy sector in research, engineering and/or business development
- Experience in leading complex and large research projects
- Experience in working with external research and development partners and building innovation networks
- Capability to communicate clearly and fit for audience verbally and in writing.
- Capability to bridge research and engineering work with business needs
- Fluent English
We also value
- Experience in oil refining or in other hydrocarbon processing
We believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
In your position you will work both at Kilpilahti industrial area in Porvoo and at our headquarters in Keilaranta, Espoo and you need to be ready for some travelling depending on the program needs. Kilpilahti is ca. 40 minutes away from Helsinki city center by car. We also arrange bus transportation for our employees from Helsinki, Porvoo and the surrounding areas.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Päivi Paakkarinen; Head of Portfolio and Program Management, Innovation Excellence (email@example.com), tel. +358 50 458 4037 (Wednesday August 21th or Thursday August 29st between 13:00-14:00).
Please submit your application by September 8th, 2019 and include your Cover Letter and CV. In your application, please also specify to which position(s) you are applying for.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on week 39.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.