Research Program Manager, Algae
Are you interested in innovation and novel technology development?
We are looking for a Research Program Manager to lead a large and complex development initiative focused on algae platform development.
Neste creates sustainable solutions for transport, business and consumer needs. Our wide range of renewable products such as Neste MY Renewable Diesel™ and Neste MY Renewable Jet Fuel™ enable our customers to reduce climate emissions. We are also a technologically advanced refiner of high-quality oil products. We are growing and renewing ourselves by innovations.
We are looking more closely at algae and need support managing a portfolio of projects. The work consists of managing in-house research work and development with partners, demonstrating the technology and the product development.
It is a great time to join us!
Your part in Neste’s journey
In your role, you will be
- responsible for planning the research program activities and together with the Business Owner make sure that the research work is well scoped, in line with technology and product development, coordinated with engineering and scale-up and supports in the right way the business needs
- responsible for the overall leadership of the program, regular stakeholder management and communication, research partner agreements & cooperation and program reporting
- driven by structure and goals but at the same time understanding the nature of experimental research work, need for validating the results and mitigating safety risks.
You will work closely with our researchers, subject matter experts and project managers to ensure high quality progress and results with business value. We will offer you an interesting and challenging role in Neste Innovation organization, where you have the opportunity to develop your career in a growing and renewing company.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experience, skills and background is
- Master’s degree or higher education in technology, agriculture/food technology or natural sciences
- Minimum 10 years of experience in process, feed or food industry in research, engineering and/or business development
- Experience in leading complex and large research projects
- Experience in working with external research and development partners and building innovation networks
- Capability to communicate clearly and fit for the audience verbally and in writing.
- Capability to bridge research and engineering work with business needs
- Fluent English
We also value
- Experience in aquaculture and life science processes
- Experience in piloting new processes and technologies
- Proficiency in Spanish language
Our success is based on our people who are the driving force behind Neste’s transformation to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions. The passion that we have for creating a healthier planet for our children is what makes us unique. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. Our three values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” are embedded in our everyday work. Working safely and responsibly at all times is essential to all of us.
If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Join us in creating a healthier planet for our children
In your position you will work both at Kilpilahti industrial area in Porvoo and at our headquarters in Keilaranta, Espoo and you need to be ready for some travelling depending on the program needs. Kilpilahti is ca. 40 minutes away from Helsinki city center by car. We also arrange bus transportation for our employees from Helsinki, Porvoo and the surrounding areas.
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Päivi Paakkarinen; Head of Portfolio and Program Management, Innovation Excellence (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel. +358 50 458 4037 on Wednesday 9th June at 13-14 or on Monday14th June at 10-11.
Please submit your application by Thursday 17.6. including Cover Letter and CV.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Our success begins with you.
Every company needs a purpose, and Neste has a strong one: to create a healthier planet for our children. We are 4,800 dedicated professionals committed to that purpose. Everything that we do, down to the smallest detail, shows our clear commitment to tackling the challenges of climate change. As an employer, understanding and valuing wellbeing is vital for our success. At the same time, we encourage every individual at Neste to contribute towards creating a positive impact on the environment as well as on the people, communities and societies around us.
Neste’s strategy is called ‘’Faster, Bolder and Together’. It reflects the understanding that there is no time to lose in combating climate change or helping to tackle the waste plastic challenge. In order to succeed, we need to act, innovate new solutions and deliver them faster and bolder than ever before – together.
As innovation is in our DNA, we are empowered to develop pioneering solutions to make businesses more sustainable. In 2021, Neste placed 4th on the Global 100 list of the most sustainable companies in the world.
For more information, please visit neste.com.