Research Manager, Mobility and Transport
Form of employment: Full time, Regular
Locations: Espoo, Finland, Tampere, Finland
Job area: Other
Application period: Friday, November 15, 2019 - Wednesday, November 27, 2019
VTT is a visionary research, development and innovation partner. We drive sustainable growth and tackle the biggest global challenges of our time and turn them into growth opportunities. We go beyond the obvious to help the society and companies to grow through technological innovations. We have over 75 years of experience of top-level research and science-based results. VTT´s turnover and other operating income is 258 M€. VTT is at the sweet spot where innovation and business come together. www.vttresearch.com
VTT – beyond the obvious.
Do you want to join us to lead research in Mobility and Transport? We are now looking for a visionary Research Manager to create impact for customers and the society together with VTT’s experts and stakeholders.
In Mobility and transport research area, our research and development is focused on global challenges of climate action and good life and on growth opportunities they provide our customers and the society. We are active in building and participating in innovation ecosystems as a key partner.
The Mobility and Transport research area is targeting high-level research in the field of automated driving and operations, human-driven services for mobility and low emission energy solutions for transport. The applications are combustion engines, electric and hybrid drives and fuel cells as well as advanced fuels and hydrogen. We work on current megatrends in mobility and transport such as decarbonizing transport, transport automation and digitalization, and on various new services and ecosystems. Applying artificial intelligence in different forms is increasingly important in our future work. In addition to land transport, we apply our research work widely to marine applications, where also arctic environments are considered.
With us you will be responsible for
As Research Manager you are responsible of generation and management of high impact research portfolio in the Mobility and Transport research area. You participate in identifying research needs for future customer offering and generation of project portfolio in cooperation with VTT’s top experts. As Research Manager you have an active role in internal and external networking in enhancing research.
We expect you to have
- Strong knowledge on domestic public funding as well as EU and other international public funding
- Good knowledge of key customers connected to our research fields
- Experience in interdisciplinary and networked research management
- A wide expertise and understanding in our research fields
- A visionary and enthusiastic mindset in order to develop future breakthroughs and competitiveness for our customers and the society
- Strong collaboration and networking capabilities and a track record in national and international research and customer networks
- PhD in a relevant field of the responsibility area preferred
As a person you are
- Open-minded, solution-orientated and result-driven
- Proactive and fluent with collaborative ways of working
- Motivated to work in a customer-oriented, multidisciplinary research organization
- Active on international research arenas and networks
- Excellent networker with good communication skills
At VTT, we believe that our impact is built on scientific and technological excellence in all our work. Our people is the core of the next generation VTT. Our personnel’s wellbeing and competence development are key priorities. You will be a part of a creative and international working environment. We offer versatile, independent and challenging tasks and the needed support and coaching.
For further information
Johannes Hyrynen, Vice President, Mobility and Transport (tel. +358 408336364)
Best available for questions: 19 Nov, 9:00-12:00, 21 Nov, 16:00-17:00, 22 Nov 11:00-12:00
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV and salary request as soon as possible, latest by Wednesday 27th November 2019. https://jobs.vtt.fi/vacancies