Research and Development Manager, Soundings Vaisala
Alkuperäinen julkaisupäivä 4.6.2018
Vaisala develops and delivers radiosondes, dropsondes and sounding systems to meteorological, aviation, as well as safety and security organizations all around the world. The radiosonde devices, flown with the weather balloons, provide crucial input data to life-saving weather forecasting operations every day, in all continents. Dropsondes are used for hurricane forecasts and warnings – perhaps you have seen our products in TV documentaries about Hurricane Hunters?
Vaisala’s Product Creation teams develop and manage our industry-leading products all the way from initial ideas to product launches including R&D, engineering, software development and testing, project management, system testing as well as UX design.
We are looking for:
We are recruiting a collaboration driven
to lead our product development activities in the Soundings product area. This position is located in our headquarters in Vantaa.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
• Managing the R&D project portfolio, especially monetary and personnel resources, including budgeting and follow-up
• Supporting R&D project managers and product managers in all aspects related to R&D projects, including planning with R&D resource pool managers
• Motivating talented experts in the project teams
• Ensuring effective and active communication and cooperation in a cross-functional setting, including e.g. manufacturing, after-sales support, delivery projects and sales personnel
• Continuously developing the ways of working and nurturing the learning spirit and execution in the organization
• MSc or equivalent level degree in an applicable discipline (e.g. physics, electronics, RF) and solid experience in R&D environment
• Proven track record of completed product development projects – project manager experience preferred
• Leadership and management skills (incl. facilitation, coaching, influencing, negotiation)
• Experience in R&D management (or similar), including finances and personnel
You have a strong collaborative, proactive and communicative working style. It’s natural for you to share knowledge and information with others. You give constructive and honest feedback and take timely action in order to ensure success. You aim at continuously developing yourself and our ways of working.
For further information please contact Aki Lilja, Director, Soundings, +358 40 5323 445, email@example.com (please use email subject: R&D Manager).
Please submit your application with salary request and CV by June 18, 2018 by completing the online application form.
Oikotien yrityssivu näyttää sinulle perustiedot työnantajasta, viimeisimmät uutiset yrityksistä ja Oikotiellä parhaillaan auki olevat yrityksen muut työpaikat.