We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Reliability and Quality Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. You will be responsible for driving our customer experience by continuously improving our product quality and reliability, product performance, and product costs. In addition to a strong focus on our products, the job includes deep R&D as well as communicating with customers and suppliers, including developing processes in collaboration with different functions and global locations.
• Ownership of issue resolution in end user and customer cases, where Level 4 support is needed
• Ownership of reliability test setup development, tests and related processes
• Driving development of our issue resolution process to increase transparency within global product engineering and other functions
• A challenging role in a global business environment, with experienced professionals to support you
• The opportunity to develop your technical expertise in various fields, including end user applications, drive technology, reliability engineering and digitalization
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• M.Sc. in electrical engineering or another suitable field of study
• Customer focus: understanding the needs of end users related to applications, ease of use, reliability, robustness and diagnostics – the ability to convert customers’ needs and the customer’s environment into product requirements
• A willingness to travel: the position requires 15 days of travel per year
• Collaboration: strong teamwork skills – the ability to independently drive things forward
• Domain knowledge: a strong understanding of drive technology, from components to end user applications, with a special focus on electronics and power electronics. Strong experience with LabVIEW
• Way of working: systematic and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to document and present the results of your work
• Behavior: a results-oriented approach with the boldness to challenge other people's ideas to refine them even further
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65627712 by July 31, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Kjell Ingman, tel. +358 10 222 3408.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com