Reinsurance credit risk analyst
If is the leading property & casualty insurer in the Nordic region, driven by a strong business culture with focus on financial stability and constant improvement. The Reinsurance unit is responsible for planning and enforcing the reinsurance protections of the If P&C group. We have business relationships and trade with major reinsurance companies in the world.
Reinsurance in If is twofold: First, If buys reinsurance to protect the group balance sheet and reduce volatility in the group UW result. Second, reinsurance is also actively used as a mechanism of sharing risk especially in large corporate risk solutions (Business Area Industrial).
When ceding away (reinsuring away) insurance risk it is essential that the counterparty credit risk that emerges is monitored and mitigated.
We are now seeking a Reinsurance credit risk analyst to take on the responsibility as our current analyst is taking on a new role within If’s Corporate Finance unit.
The Reinsurance credit risk analyst is responsible for maintaining a control mechanism of the reinsurance credit risk in If’s reinsurance covers. This involves e.g. monitoring the financial strength and performance of the reinsurance companies, in close co-operation with the treaty managers who purchase the reinsurance covers as well as with our reinsurance brokers.
The Reinsurance credit risk analyst will be a member of the Corporate Reinsurance Unit and also actively support the Risk Shared Solutions Competence Center and International Network within BA Industrial.
As part of quarterly (financial) reporting, the Reinsurance credit risk analyst will report on the status of reinsurance credit risk to the Reinsurance Security Committee and ORSAC (Own risk and solvency assessment committee).
- monitoring reinsurance companies’ financial strength and performance as well as market development together with reinsurance brokers and the Reinsurance Security Committee
- maintaining a framework for approved reinsurers
- information and training to help the organization
- quarterly reporting on current credit risk status
- in addition, we expect you to contribute with positive energy and curiosity as we continue the development in our highly professional team
- university degree in e.g. economics, finance, engineering, or similar
- minimum of 3 years work experience from relevant tasks
- competence in analysing financial information (of re/insurance companies)
- communication skills and pedagogic presentation skills
- advanced in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- structured work methods
- good team work skills
- good ability to prioritize wisely, high work capacity, with positive can-do attitude
- good English, Nordic language is a benefit
- Espoo or Stockholm
If you have questions, please contact Anna-Kitty Ekstam, Head of Reinsurance, tel. +358 50 4245717 on Monday, November 11th between 10-12 or Monday, November 18th between 12-14 or email@example.com
Last day to apply is the 19th of November.