Regulatory/Scientific Support in Data Availability unit (A4), ECHA, HelsinkiThe European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
We are looking for an interim regulatory/scientific support for a two months project together with our client European Chemicals Agency ECHA. Please note that working language is English.
The Regulatory / Scientific administrative support staff member will assist the Data validation and completeness team in the tasks related to the scientific and operational activities of the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). In particular, they will work in the area of the completeness check of REACH registration data and contribute to the activities to improve data availability for the Agency’s processes.
- Perform checks on registration dossiers according to Article 20(2) of REACH to ensure that the administrative and scientific data provided by registrants is complete according to the REACH provisions
- Carry out administrative tasks to process the dossiers and document the decisions in the relevant system
- Continuously develop expertise in assessing regulatory and scientific information against defined criteria
- Support the further development and testing of the IUCLID data validation rules
- Provide company support by drafting answers to Helpdesk questions and placing company calls
The job starts 1.11.2022 and ends 31.12.2022.
We expect from you:
- Experience in assessing content of administrative, technical or scientific nature following written instructions and strict deadlines; an eye for details
- Experience in customer support/interaction
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in using MS Office tools and aptitude to learn new IT applications
- Ability to complete assigned tasks independently in a timely manner and with little direction
- Sense of initiative and flexibility
- Aptitude for teamwork and sharing information
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum of one (1) year of professional experience, relevant to the job
Assets for this position:
- Education in a scientific discipline, e.g., environmental sciences, chemical engineering, pharmacy, IT, etc.
- Knowledge in chemicals regulations
- Experience or interest in the development and testing of the IT tools
We offer you:
- Interesting project in a multicultural environment
- Versatile tasks and great teams support
- Comprehensive induction
Instructions and additional information:
We will be contacting applicants during application period, hence do not hesitate to leave your CV for the position today! Please be prepare to tell us two references.
Please note that prior to appointment, successful applicant will be asked to produce an official document indicating that they do not have a criminal record.
Please leave your application and CV in Europass format: