Regional Legal Counsel
Do you want to be in the frontline of the on-demand delivery business transformation? If the answer is yes, and if you at the same time thrive in a constantly changing environment and want to be part of an exciting journey, the place might be yours!
We are now looking for a Regional Legal Counsel to join foodora’s Nordic legal team!
Your main responsibility is dealing with day to day legal matters and project management in Finland as well as assisting in larger projects within the Nordic and central legal organization (including but not limited in respect of legal compliance). In this role you will report to the Nordics Legal Counsel and will work closely with the Finnish management and key stakeholders.
What you will be working on:
Commercial law and contracts
- You support the business development and sales team on commercial matters, such as reviewing, negotiating and drafting of contracts and terms towards consumers, corporate users, partners, suppliers and others.
- You will handle IP/IT matters and aspects in relation to competition law
- You contribute to and help implement the global compliance framework within Delivery Hero and its subsidiaries to ensure legal compliance with applicable laws and Delivery Hero's standards (including payments and data protection laws)
- You are in charge of ensuring local legal compliance for the business as an online retailer, intermediary and food business operator in an e-commerce environment, covering consumer protection and platform laws and regulations, as well as a provider of logistics services
- You support the operations team in respect of registrations and authorisations needed for the business.
- You support our HR department in respect of employment law aspects
- You will monitor changes in the legal environment affecting the company
Corporate maintenance and structure
- You will support in general corporate legal housekeeping of Delivery Hero's Finnish entities
- You will review, assess and help execute corporate optimization and structuring, including but not limited to corporate ringfencing and legal risk management
- You will be responsible for relevant corporate documents, including but not limited to AGMs, changes to composition of the boards etc.
- You will be in charge of lawsuits and other proceedings locally
Project management and cross-border cooperation
- Your work will include project management and coordinating external advisors on a proactive and daily basis
- As a part of the Nordic legal function you will collaborate closely with the Nordic legal team as well as with the Central legal team of Delivery Hero in Berlin
- You will work closely with the local departments and management for foodora Finland and will support in further developing Delivery Hero's business model
To be successful in this role:
- You are a fully qualified Finnish lawyer
- You have university law degree from a university in Finland (L.L.M. or equivalent is considered an asset)
- You are a business driven and pragmatic lawyer with outstanding legal qualifications
- You have 3+ years of working experience (post qualification)
- Ideally you have experience in the e-commerce/internet industry either as in-house counsel or via working in a reputable law firm
- You are fully proficient in English and have a working proficiency in Finnish
- You are an absolute team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- You possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and solve complex tasks in a legally accurate yet pragmatic and timely manner
- You have possibility to travel to Sweden on a regular basis (when travelling/covid situation has improved)
What we will offer you:
- An independent role with lots of flexibility and absolutely no micromanagement.
- A great working environment to use your skills and self development
- An opportunity to shape a rapidly growing industry
- The best colleagues - it’s always fun to come to work!
- Great employee benefits e.g additional medical expense insurance, sports, culture and travel benefits, delicious benefits from foodora, team events and many more
- Modern, new and cozy office in the heart of Pasila (next to Mall of Tripla)
Up for a challenge? Apply now!
Take the first step in joining the fun and send us your application! The position is full time and permanent. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. When we come across the right candidate we won’t hesitate to reach out.