We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an R&D Team Leader at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Helsinki. You will be leading a team of R&D engineers working on electrical and thermal dimensioning of a wide range of electrical motors and generators. In this position, you will be responsible of our products' electrical and thermal performance.
• Leading a team of R&D engineers working on electrical and thermal dimensioning of a wide range of electrical motors and generators
• Leading and coaching your team members for high-level performance
• Developing the competences of your team members to enable successful execution of future projects
• Team resource allocation planning and follow-up
• Ownership of dedicated products’ electrical and thermal performance
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company with broad range of opportunities
• An M.Sc. or higher in electrical engineering
• A few years’ experience in a relevant position
• Good leadership skills
• Good planning and organization skills
• A proactive and systematic way of working
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Work experience in product development
• Work experience and/or education in electrical or thermal dimensioning of electrical motors and generators
• Know-how of Lean Six Sigma
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65868608 by September 30, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Juha Kinanen, tel. +358 50 332 3374.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com