R&D Systems Design Engineer
PerkinElmer, Wallac Oy
PerkinElmer is currently looking for an
R&D Systems Design Engineer
The Turku Site, with 600 employees, represents one of PerkinElmer’s major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn and maternal fetal health screening. As the global market leader in newborn screening, our solutions have tested over 560 million babies worldwide for life-threatening diseases.
We are now looking for a Systems Design Engineer to join our talented R&D organization. You will be part of our in vitro diagnostic (IVD) instrument development team. The instrument development team offers a dynamic working environment and challenging projects to work with. The IVD instruments are part of our total solution offering that includes informatics, instruments, and biochemical reagents. Development requirements combine elements from all these areas and are leading to cross-scientific collaborations within the Global PerkinElmer R&D.
In your role you will lead the technical realization of IVD analyzer products. You will be responsible for developing product requirements, identifying novel technical solutions, managing the integration of multidisciplinary design items into a working product and lead the product verification planning and execution. We expect you to be capable of digesting new information and using your technical excellence to become the leading technical consultant of the product you are working with.
- Master of Science (Technology) or Doctor of Science (Technology)
- Demonstrated capabilities in more than one field of technology: mechanics engineering, electronics engineering, liquid handling, medical device verification, material technology, optics and light, software, etc.
- Readiness to lead mechanics engineering activities with insight in manufacturability and reliability
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in mechatronics hardware development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Skills and interest to write good specifications, plans and reports
- Leadership skills and capability to drive ideas in projects that are globally distributed
- Experience in medical device development is considered an advantage
What we offer
Inspiring leadership and exceptional employees
Dynamic and innovative culture
Focus on career development
Collaborative and diverse environment
PerkinElmer Turku Site is a drug free site and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.
Could this be your next step? For further information, please contact Department Leader Juha Karunen, +358 2 2678 250, preferably on Thursday, January 14th, between 12.30 and 14.30 EET, or on Friday, January 22nd, between 13 and 15 EET.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and can see yourself as a part of our dedicated team of professionals, please apply via the link above as soon as possible, at the latest by January 31st. Please note we will start interviews as soon as we find suitable candidates. Join us today!