R&D Statistician / Data Analyst
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
R&D Statistician / Data Analyst
Based in Vantaa, Finland
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, You’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures of cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In Finland we have over 900 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Our software professionals in Finland are proud to play a role in helping humankind. Take a look at the video.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for R&D Statistician / Data Analyst to Clinical Mass Spectrometry (CMS) Business Unit R&D Diagnostics team in Vantaa to work with the CascadionSM LC-MSMS Clinical Analyzer.
What will you do?
You will be working in team with R&D scientists who are responsible of method development and verification&validation of the assays. Your work also includes support to instrument R&D, manufacturing, sourcing, service&support and quality to improve processes of the new business.
- Assist to design method development, verification, validation and other laboratory measurements requiring statistical considerations
- Participate and develop further statistical data analysis, interpretation, reporting and decision making processes
- Identify and address data driven initiatives to improve R&D and manufacturing processes
- Train and coach colleagues to improve in the data analysis and data planning/reporting
- Participate troubleshooting and problem solving at complex system as well as component level including root cause analysis
- Participate risk analysis and mitigations
- Facilitate statistical communications between our Finland based and international R&D, operations and service&support teams
- Work with sourcing and suppliers to ensure that suppliers meet statistical expectations and requirements and address corrective actions
- Participate in failure analysis in support of CAPA and customer issues
How will you get here?
We are looking for a person with the background in chemistry, physics, automation or system engineering to be working in an exciting global project. You have preferably University or Technical University degree in applicable field (e.g. chemistry, physics, automation or system engineering).
- Several years of experience in complex systems and technical trouble-shooting are advantages
- Practical experience in LC/MS techniques and solutions or previous knowledge in clinical applications are pluses
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Hands-on knowledge in data handling and data analyzing (using statistical software tools e.g. MS Excel, Minitab) and attitude of seeing things through data
- Good communication and presentation skills in English
- Capability to network and get results in an international, multi-site environment with matrix organization structures
- Ambition to develop him/herself
- Willingness to travel moderately (approximately twice a year)
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6_5LKg-I.K by 2.6.2019. Reference: 94491BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Senior Manager, Diagnostics Sirpa Riistama-Laari, tel. +358 10 3292215 on Friday 24.5. at 9-10 or Wednesday 29.5. at 9–10.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.