R&D Software Engineer
Today, Coherent is one of the world's leading photonics manufacturers and innovators. With headquarters in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, and offices spanning the globe and a growing presence in Europe. Coherent offers a unique and distinct product portfolio that touches many different markets and industries. At the forefront of innovation within the laser industry, Coherent is highly respected and renowned for its innovative technologies to create products of the highest quality. Corelase, part of Coherent, is a versatile expert of quality turnkey laser technology. Company has a vast worldwide sales and support network - at your service. The world's second biggest fiber laser resonator producer ensures the customer reliability of service and delivery. Be inspired by precise laser power. We certainly are.
Our innovative R&D Department is currently seeking a
R&D Software Engineer
to our site in Tampere.
In this position you will participate in different product development projects. Your main responsibilities include acting as a technical specialist in various projects as well as designing and developing software for embedded systems for lasers. You will take care of your work in close co-operation with cross-functional teams from R&D, Operations and Marketing.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Participate in various and diverse product development projects as technical specialist and designer.
- Plan, design and develop software for embedded systems for lasers, including components and subsystems, considering manufacturability of the products.
- Coordinate product related projects with project team members across the organization.
- Support cross-functional teams in the projects: R&D, Operations and Marketing.
We are looking for a person with:
- Expertise in software design combined with experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in product development projects and acting as technical expert in them.
- Knowledge on instruments and tools needed for embedded, software or electronics design.
- Ability to analyze, document and report test or project results to a variety of stakeholders.
- A hands-on attitude and willingness to develop and share your expertise and work as part of a team.
- Good Finnish and English communication skills.
- Previous experience in lasers as well as knowledge in automation engineering and robotics is an advantage.
- Availability to occasionally travel and work with flexible schedules.
In case this position would fit for you, please send your application as soon as possible, latest on October 4th, 2020 at www.adecco.fi. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable person is found. For additional information please contact Tiinaleena Anttila, tel. 050 386 9841.