R&D software engineer
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
Our software professionals in Finland are proud to play a role in helping humankind
Senior Software Engineer
What story will YOU tell? Yes, YOU.
We are always looking for great people and we can’t do our new Senior Software Engineer opening justice on one page so please visit jobs.thermofisher.com or http://www.thermofisher.com/ to find out about Our Mission, Our Stories and discover where we are going.
We are currently recruiting two Senior Software Engineers to join our R&D Software team in Vantaa to work with world renowned Clinical and Industrial Analyzers and Automation Systems to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. The team consists of around 20 software engineers and you will also be working with different cross-functional stakeholders like project managers, product managers, scientists as well as hardware, usability, verification and validation engineers.
What you will be responsible for:
- Design, Develop and Test embedded and/or application level SW for our CASCADION SM Clinical Analyzers as well as other Analyzers and Lab Automation products
- Collaborate with other professionals to define the higher-level Functional and Nonfunctional Requirements
- Contribute to software architecture, design and interface definition as a team member
- Document software requirements, architecture and design in compliance internal standard operating procedures as well as relevant medical device standards
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years proven track record of designing and building highly scalable, maintainable, secure and robust software
- Strong knowledge and experience of C++, C, C#/.NET
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design Principles and Patterns
- Excellent knowledge of UML and/or other modeling methods
- Working expertise in Test Driven Development (TDD) and unit testing frameworks
- Basic understanding of Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
Communication and drive:
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with peers and other stakeholders
- Passion towards continuous improvement and high quality
- Analytical thinker and problem solver. Able to resolve complex problems independently
- M.Sc. or Bachelor Degree in software engineering, computer science, information technology or equivalent.
These will impress us even more:
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and platforms like AWS and/or Azure as well as both Windows and Linux software development experience
- Working knowledge of Test Automation frameworks like Robot Framework
- Knowledge of Behavioral Driven Development and tools (BDD)
- Understanding of electronics design. Ability to read schematics and troubleshoot problems.
- Experience with IVD regulations
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Candidates will be reviewed during the process. Please apply as soon as possible. Ref: 92282BR.
Should you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position, feel free to contact Horia Biro, Senior Manager - SW Engineering, by email horia.biro (at) thermofisher.com
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.