Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, You’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures of cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for R&D Scientist to growing Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzer assay development team in Vantaa.
We are looking for a proactive, self-driven, result oriented team player. You enjoy working with high technology products. You want to develop yourself and the way of working. We offer motivating tasks in innovative working environment.
The person will work as part of a Clinical Mass Spectrometry (CMS) R&D diagnostic team and participates in clinical chemistry method development and feasibility studies of LC-MS/MS based applications for Cascadion SM Clinical Analyzer. The person also provides in-sight knowledge and expertise in the field of LC-MS/MS to other CMS departments and supports in troubleshooting as needed. Work includes hands-on laboratory work.
- M.Sc./PhD. degree or equivalent in biochemistry, chemistry or related field
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in LC-MS method development
- Demonstrated ability to execute systematic project work and documentation
- Previous experience and knowledge in LC and MS hardware and system thinking is beneficial
- Previous experience in working with In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) methods and clinical applications is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills in Finnish and English
- Good communication skills and results oriented way of working
- Open, flexible and innovative team player
- Sufficient computer skills and experience in MS Office package
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter, CV and salary request. Please apply via . Ref: 92598BR. Please apply by Wednesday 15th of May.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact R&D Manager Niina Kivi, tel. +358 10 3292 557 on Thursday the 9th of May at 12-13.
Please send your CV and cover letter in English stating salary expectations.
Our software professionals in Finland are proud to play a role in helping humankind. Take a look at the video.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.