R&D Scientist (Biochemist)
PerkinElmer, Wallac Oy
PerkinElmer is currently looking for an
R&D Scientist (Biochemist)
The Turku Site, with 600 employees, represents one of PerkinElmer’s major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn and maternal fetal health screening. As the global market leader in newborn screening, our solutions have tested over 560 million babies worldwide for life-threatening diseases.
We are now looking for a biochemistry expert to join our talented R&D organization, to help drive some of our latest solutions.
- You will be a key contributor and expert of technologies related to immunoassays based to DELFIA technology running on automated and manual platforms.
- You will be a technical expert in product development teams, and in research initiatives.
- You will have an essential role in planning, conducting and reporting of laboratory experiments ranging from early phase proof-of-concept experiments to large studies to demonstrate efficacy and safety of medical devices.
- You will be transferring DELFIA based assays to production and experimentally defining critical manufacturing and quality control parameters
- You will perform hands-on laboratory work and solve practical and scientific problems.
- You will be interacting a lot within your team and with other teams from various functions present at Turku site and other PerkinElmer sites globally.
- A team player - we always work in cross functional and in most cases international teams. Good communications skills are required.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or similar. You must have theoretical and practical knowledge needed in setting up and developing immunoassays.
- Documentation skills: We document our work carefully and our product development process follows ISO 13485. Prior experience of preparing technical documentation (design history files) for medical devices is a benefit.
- Knowledge on maternal and fetal health. Most of products developed and produced in Turku are related to maternal and fetal health. Knowledge on this is considered major benefit but not required.
- Vast technological knowledge. We use large number of technologies to ensure high quality of our products and also experiment : If you have expertise in any of the following technologies/instruments it is considered a benefit: Fortebio, Up-converting nanoparticles, lateralflow, ddPCR or R programming.
- Fluent English is required.
- Some level of Finnish language skills, parts of our organization operate in finish and some documentation is available only in Finnish. Finnish skills allow interaction within the extended product development team.
What we offer:
- Inspiring leadership and exceptional employees
- Dynamic and innovative culture
- Focus on career development
- Collaborative and diverse environment
PerkinElmer Turku Site is a drug free site and a medical examination for new employees includes a drug test.
Please apply as soon as possible, by latest January 15th, 2021. Please note, that we will start interviews as soon as we find suitable candidates.
For further information, please contact Joonas Siivonen, +358-504705907, preferably on December 21th or January 7th at 15 to 16. Join us today!