We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an R&D Project Manager at ABB Oy, Distribution Solutions unit in Vaasa. In this position, you will develop and create products, systems, services, and technologies for ABB´s Business Units by leading and managing the execution of one or more R&D projects to meet project targets. As a member of our global R&D unit, you will participate in the development of protection and communication products for medium voltage distribution networks.
• Coordinating the work of local and cross-functional project teams
• Taking the lead in partnerships with local business managers, steering groups, product management and external parties to ensure value creation
• Your responsibilities also include project execution and control, managing uncertainties and risks, collaboration and networking, processes and tools, as well as stakeholder relations and value management
• A challenging position in a global R&D team working in the front line of distribution automation products
• A unique insight into the evolution of distribution network control and protection
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development
• B. Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field
• Several years’ experience of product development and project management projects
• Experience of Agile/Scrum/DevOps development processes
• Good project planning, risk management, and leadership skills
• Ability to facilitate and interact in a cross-functional team environment
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Experience of project management in SW/HW development
• Good written and spoken communication skills in Finnish
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66448319 by January 6, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Mikko Olli, tel. +358 50 3343 589.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com