R&D Project Manager
We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an experienced R&D project manager at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki to develop modernization service products. You will be responsible for managing the project to build a frequency converter solution from standardized building blocks and tailoring it for use as a replacement unit to existing wind turbines.
• Planning and managing service product development projects from kick-off to first customer deliveries
• Organizing and managing the daily work of the cross-functional project team
• Ensuring that the project scope is maintained and deliverables created on time
• Ensuring that the project’s KPIs are met
• Contributing to the technical and product management content of modernization service products
• Managing risk and coordinating mitigating activities
• Managing the creation and validation of the order-delivery process and product data structures in SAP
• Ensuring that alpha and beta pilots are delivered according to the set targets
• Managing the gathering and analyzing of customer feedback for further improvements.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development in project management and service product development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field of engineering
• A few years’ experience in managing product development projects
• A good toolbox of project management skills, methods and practices such as work breakdown analysis, lean product development, visual management and set based design
• A good knowledge of frequency converter technology or similar power electronics products
• A proactive approach to work
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in modernization projects.
• Experience in wind or solar energy technologies
• A good knowledge of the order-delivery process
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64919544 by May 31, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Ville Särkimäki, tel. +358 50 332 5762. Preferred contact time Friday between 9-11 am.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1134962
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki