R&D Manager (probiotics)
We are looking for a
R&D Manager (probiotics)
to join our Global Health & Nutrition Science team based in Kantvik (near Helsinki), Southern Finland.
Our team runs a global and diverse program of clinical and pre-clinical studies, targeting to document health benefits of probiotics and other bioactive food ingredients in our portfolio. We can offer you a position in a dynamic international research organization that is a world leader in applied research in the area of probiotics and nutrition.
Our R&D team is looking for a research professional for a R&D Manager position to globally execute nutritional pre-clinical and clinical trials. This position also involves leading a team of less than 10 individuals. Your primary duties will be:
- Lead a team of scientists and technicians in the discovery, research and development of probiotics and other functional ingredients in supporting health and wellness
- Responsible for recruitment, orientation, and career development of your team members
- Responsible of managing health research portfolio, including budgeting and resource planning, schedule, and performance of projects
- Initiate, manage and execute human nutritional intervention studies against set milestones and objectives.
- As part of the team, participate in planning, analysis, presentation, and publication of the clinical and pre-clinical trials
- Report of the study progress to internal and external customers and stakeholders on a regular basis
You are qualified for the position if you have:
- PhD (or equivalent degree) in life sciences with a minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in research, preferably in the field of nutrition, gut microbiota, probiotics, and/or functional foods
- A thorough understanding of probiotics, lactic acid bacteria and probiotic efficacy is essential.
- Extensive experience in the research and development of probiotics and/or other bioactive compounds for human health applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, recruit and engage a team of strong scientists
- Excellent project management, organizational, and team player skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for presentation of scientific concepts and results to internal and external customers and stakeholder. Fluency in English is essential; Other language skills are seen as a benefit (fluency in Finnish is an advantage).
- Track record of scientific publications and experience in scientific communication
- Ability to deliver results under time and resource pressures.
- Willingness to travel
The position is permanent, starting as soon as possible.
For enquiries, please contact Global Health & Nutrition Science Leader Johanna Maukonen (+358 40 575 9276; email@example.com) on May 11th at 3-4 pm or May 21st at 3-4 pm (UTC +2, Helsinki time).
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1135119
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Kirkkonummi