R&D Manager, Electrical and Automation
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an R&D Manager, Electrical and Automation at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports in Vuosaari, Helsinki. In this position, you will be leading and managing an Electrical and Automation R&D team and have overall responsibility and leadership for the activities related to your department. We offer the possibility to work with and develop state-of-the-art technology and lead the way for successful business in a truly global environment.
- Overall responsibility and leadership for the activities related to your department, including competence and technology development.
- Leading and guiding the development of the systems under your team’s responsibility and ensuring they function as desired. You will work in close co-operation with specialists of different fields.
- Delivering high-quality and cost-effective solutions that meet business requirements over the product life time.
- Proactively seeking and implementing initiatives to improve way of working and increase customer satisfaction.
- As your technical knowledge increases, you will handle and give your opinion on internal and external questions concerning your area of responsibility as well as provide support to stakeholders when needed.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A M.Sc. in a relevant field (Electrical, Automation or other suitable field of study).
- Interdisciplinary background with knowledge and understanding of mechanics, electrics, automation and software, preferably in heavy machinery industry.
- A collaborative approach to working, with strong people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously with competing priorities.
- Ability to facilitate and interact in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Ideally, you also have a good understanding about shipbuilding and marine environment and experience on using Lean methodology in R&D environment.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI69715247 by December 15th, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Heikki Kolisoja, Technology Manager, Propulsion Solutions, tel. +358 50 332 9248.