ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an R&D Lead Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Helsinki. You will lead the way for successful business in a global environment as part of our Electric Solutions R&D team.
• Lead and coordinate Electric Solutions product development activities together with the key stake-holders
• Work in a team environment to support other R&D / product development tasks
• Support cross functional activities related to ensuring requirements are captured and documented
• Occasionally, participate in R&D collaboration tasks with other ABB units and also Universities and research agencies.
• A challenging position in an international working environment with novel technologies
• Induction to the job based on your previous experience
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• The opportunity for professional development, for example technical training, exposure to customers, conference attendance, and publication.
• M.Sc. or D.Sc. in electrical engineering or similar field with the focus on power systems, drives, or electrical machines
• Several years’ experience in an R&D or product development function
• Experience in power system analysis, THD, and short circuit calculation
• Experience in marine industry
• You are proactive and able to see the big picture, capable of taking the initiative and discussing ideas with good reasoning
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge and experience of applying Lean Product Development or Lean Six Sigma principles
• Understanding on system level design and control engineering design concepts
• Familiarity with IEC and maritime class rules
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66486150 by November 30, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Ricky Chan, tel. +358 50 332 5805.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com