We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, Protection and Connection in Vaasa. You will be working on R&D projects and developing next generation products together with highly skilled and innovative engineers. You will work with a global network of partners and other functions of the unit.
• Mechanical and electrical design for low voltage switches
• Creating innovations
• Documentation and analysis for your designs
• Contributing to the verification, validation, and testing of the products
• A development-oriented working environment
• The opportunity for professional development
• The opportunity to work in a multicultural environment
• The opportunity for personal development in the form of training
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical and/or electrical engineering
• A few years’ relevant experience in mechanical design
• Experience in 3D modelling
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods for plastic and metal parts
• Experience working in R&D project environments
• You are development-oriented, analytical, systematical, and result-oriented with good teamwork skills
• Good written and spoken Finnish and English skills
Ideally, you have
• Theoretical competence in electromechanical behaviors
• Familiarity with CAD software; Creo
• Familiarity with product lifecycle management (PLM) software; Windchill
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI66398689 by September 30, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Timo Jokiniemi, tel. +358 50 334 3214.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com