We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Vaasa. This position offers you variable tasks in a flexible working environment.
• Working in global product development projects from concept stage to finished products
• Creating technical documentation, design and testing
• Collaborating with stakeholders
• Managing small projects and work packages
• Performing project management tasks for defined areas in Product Maintenance.
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering
• Knowledge of electrical motor design theory
• Ability to work and produce documents in English
• Team-working skills and enthusiasm to work with product development projects
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
Ideally, you have
• Experience in using design programs such as electrical analysis and simulation tools
• Experience in electrical design for low-voltage motors
• Experience in technical documentation and project management.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65448941 by August 19, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Pasi Viitanen, tel. +358 50 334 3940.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com