ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
Due to an increase in business, we are looking for an R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, Azipod® X&V Product Engineering & Updates team in Helsinki, Vuosaari. In this position, you will take care of the continuous development of the Azipod® control and monitoring interfaces to ensure we maintain our leading position in the market now and in the future. The ABB Azipod® is the leading high-end propulsion system for the most demanding marine vessel types, such as luxury cruise liners and Arctic ice-going vessels.
• Updating and developing Azipod® propulsion systems linking mechanical and control development
• Giving technical support to the ABB Organization
• Working in close co-operation with mechanical, electrical and software specialists as an important link in the development of high-end propulsion products
• The opportunity to work with cutting edge products and define the direction of industry
• Interesting technical challenges and possibilities to develop your competences
• Position in a competent engineering team with a good team spirit
• The chance to work in a business unit with a strong order book and excellent economic outlook
• B.Sc. or M.Sc.in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, automation, or other relevant discipline
• A few years’ work experience, preferably in heavy industry
• Ability to specify and communicate clearly requirements and functions to a separate software team and also to verify the functionality of designed systems
• You are a good organizer of your own work as well as the work you lead
• You are willing to take the initiative and responsibility to get the required development tasks done
• You have a hands-on attitude with good co-operation skills
• Good written and spoken communication skills in English, Finnish is an advantage
Ideally, you have
• Some practical experience of machine automation programming
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64547651 by May 27th, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Mika Niemelä, tel. +358 50 332 6044.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com