R&D Engineer, Software Developer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Knowing history is essential when you want to change the future. Storing and processing time series data is a key feature in the rapidly growing area of Industrial Internet of Things. A good time series database creates an efficient data path from low-footprint and low-cost device to large-scale enterprise level database, aggregating data from thousands of connected devices and smaller sub-systems and refining it to actionable information to help the user in business decisions.
We are looking for a Software Developer for Time Series Data Management in our highly skilled development team in Helsinki to serve ABB business lines and end customers in various industries globally with this nice technology. Join to work at the cutting edge of technology, creating the industrial software systems of the future.
- Containers: Our software is highly portable supporting both Windows and Linux and delivered also as Linux based containers.
- Very large-scale systems: Storing hundreds of millions of signals to one logical time series database is a challenge, especially when costs should also be kept in mind. Enterprise level time series databases are running either in cloud or on-premises, depending on the customer needs.
- Analytics tools: It’s not only time series data and a trend functionality, but the value you can create with the data. By using analytics tools, you can raise the level of information usability to make concreate actions and decisions enabling our customers to achieve higher productivity.
- Information modelling: Describing the semantics of the time series data is essential when improving its usability and enabling model-based analytics and applications. In the area of information modelling we need creative and skilled C# programmers to help us in creating new features and functionalities enabling more powerful visualization and application support functionalities.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Experience in designing and implementing software systems with long life-cycle, combined with continuous upgrading with new features.
- Experience in designing and implementing software systems.
- Academic studies in area of Computer Science or similar are a bonus.
- You have an open mind and the ability to create new.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we’re also able to offer international job opportunities.
How are we different from many other teams?
• We have over three decades heritage of developing time series databases with respected customers around the world. It is something any software team would be proud of. Such a long-term success does not come by chance, it is the result of hard work done together with highly skilled professionals.
• When you want to be one of the best and a leader in the time series technology, it means you have to do it yourself. We work hard but have fun while doing it, nothing is more rewarding than seeing the high quality of our work at the end.
• Our whole development team is located in Helsinki, though integrated with the global ABB AbilityTM organization.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI71890518 by January 5th, 2020 at www.abb.fi/uralle. The position will be filled when we find a suitable candidate, so apply as soon as possible.
If you have questions, contact Mika Luotojärvi, tel. +358 50 332 5230.