- Oikotie Työpaikat
- Jätä ilmoitus
ABB Ability™, ABB’s unique cloud automation platform, helps our customers to harness the power of the Industrial Internet of Things. It accelerates the agile creation of innovative software applications and services in cooperation with customers, turning data insights into direct action, and generating customer value in the physical world. We are now recruiting the most talented people in the industry to join our pioneering platform engineering team. Join to work at the cutting edge of technology, creating the industrial software systems of the future.
We are looking for a Platform Software Engineer in Helsinki, Finland. You will be a member of the ABB Ability Platform Engineering team, a highly competent international software development team that utilizes latest software technologies and is at the core of one of the leading industrial IoT platforms in the world. In this role you are responsible for developing software for a wide range of platform technology. Rather than specializing in one part of the entirety you get to master multiple areas of the platform, based on your competency and interests. You are a fast learner, systematic thinker and a real team player with high personal commitment. We expect you to have a vision, get it done – and make it fun!
• Software development of platform technology, such as
o relational database core algorithms, data structures, interfaces, and services
o backend services and interfaces
o user interface technologies and development tools
o engineering and application development tools
o data ingestion pipelines on premises and in the cloud
o embedded and mobile device and system interfaces and application SDKs
o test and deployment automation
• Inspiring, cross-functional and international working environment as part of the ABB Ability Platform Engineering team
• Transparent, low hierarchy and networked organization
• The opportunity to be involved in sustainable industrial software development for a better future
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
Ideally, you have
• A university degree in computer science, software production, programming, or similar
• Several years’ experience in software development as work or personal hobby; industrial work experience is not required, but can be an additional merit
• Experience in the development of communications, interfaces, database technologies, real-time data processing, cyber security, visualization, and application frameworks
• Experience in designing and implementing software systems with long life-cycle, combined with continuous upgrading with new features
• Experience in designing and implementing software systems with large scale integration with other systems and applications
• Experience in software frameworks and development SDKs
• Expertise in full life-cycle delivery from product vision to deployment to operations
• Good communication and collaboration skills, Finnish language would be plus
• The ability for long-term commitment, innovation, fast learning, systemic thinking, and taking responsibility
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI64978975 by June 30, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Mika Luotojärvi, tel. +358 50 332 5230.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com