We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an R&D Engineer in Embedded Software at ABB Oy, Solar business unit in Helsinki. In this position, your main responsibility will be to make the world a better place by developing embedded software for solar inverters.
• Generating embedded software for solar inverters as a part of a highly skilled team
• Designing value adding new features for solar inverters and energy storage converters
• Possibility to work with and develop advanced technologies to increase use of renewable energy
• Career opportunity in a large global company with strong market share in solar inverter business
• B. Sc, M.Sc. or D.Sc. in field of software, automation, power electronics or equal
• Knowledge of real time systems
• At least 1 year of relevant work experience
• Experience of software development for microcontroller or DSP
• Experience from C, C# or C++ programming language
• Basic understanding of power electronics
• Good communication skills in English
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of solar energy systems, power electronics or control electronics
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65496561 by January 24, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Design Manager Mikko Qvintus, tel. +358 50 332 1363.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com