We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for an R&D Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Helsinki. You will be working on the electromagnetic and thermal dimensioning of a wide range of electric motors and generators. You will have an opportunity to work either in long-term development projects or with short-term development activities based also on your own preferences and experience.
• Electromagnetic and thermal dimensioning as well as development of a wide range of electric motors and generators
• Development work within agreed schedules
• Wider responsibilities in projects or executing a variety of smaller tasks depending on whether you are a seasoned veteran or a rising new star
• A challenging position in an international working environment
• Excellent growth environment to further your know-how of electric motors and generators in a broad global team of electrical motors and generators experts
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company with a broad range of opportunities
• M.Sc.in electrical engineering
• A systematic way of working and good problem-solving skills
• The ability to work in a team as well as on your own
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
Ideally, you have
• Skills and experience in the area of electrical and thermal dimensioning of electrical motors or generators
• A few years’ experience in a relevant position
• Experience of simulation tools
• Skills related to electrical FEM programs
• Know-how of Lean Six Sigma
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65866961 by September 23, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Juha Kinanen, tel. +358 50 332 3374.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com