R&D Design Engineer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Are you interested about the future of computing? Do you want to take part in one of the biggest revolutions in shaping the monitoring and control industry? Do you want to help shape the future of electrical network control systems? Interested in joining the crew? If yes, you might be the software engineer we are looking for. We are offering a position as a Design Engineer at ABB Oy, Grid Automation unit in Vaasa.
We are interested in employing people who take pride in their craft, can work successfully in a team with different experience and skills, are interested in learning, and insist on high standards of professionalism and performance. We are seeking individuals committed to delivering and improving quality.
- You will have an active role in our development team taking part in R&D projects.
- You will develope our MicroSCADA Pro product portfolio (SYS600, SYS600C and DMS600).
- You will be engaged in all phases of the software development and product lifecycle processes.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in software engineering
- Expertise in software and application development projects execution
- Earlier involvement in R&D type of work (beneficial)
- Good written and spoken skills in Finnish and English are required
- A target-oriented way of working, a strong innovative drive
- Programming competences related to the C# and C++ languages, and Visual Studio environments are an advantage
- Experience of agile work practises are an advantage
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
We offer you
A challenging position in an international business environment
The opportunity to work with the modern technology
Personal development possibilities within the ABB group
If interested, apply for the position with the job ID FI69361873 by August 11, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle .