R&D Coordinator, Consumer and Clinical testing
Lumene is the leading skincare and cosmetic brand in Finland, always looking for the latest innovations in developing products that truly make a difference. Lumene combines the best Arctic ingredients and the pioneering technological expertise of our scientists to illuminate natural beauty for everyone. Having its foundation in a pharmaceutical company, Lumene has evolved into the modern international skincare and beauty expert of today.
We are now looking for an R&D Coordinator for our consumer and clinical testing
As our R&D Coordinator you will be responsible for the consumer testing of Lumene products, clinical studies and documentation of the product data.
You will be a member of the R&D team, reporting to the VP of R&D and Sustainability. The position is located in Kauklahti, Espoo.
- Consumer product testing (with external partners and internally)
- Planning of the testing procedures in cooperation with marketing and R&D. This includes the execution of the testing and the reporting of the results
- Sensory analysis of products against benchmarks in new product development (NPD). This entails working with both R&D and Marketing in market comparisons and raw material changes.
- Clinical studies of cosmetic products with external partners. Planning these in cooperation with Marketing, R&D and our regulatory organisation. This work includes asking for the offers, execution of the studies and reporting the results
- Follow up of testing budget
- Documentation of product data
- Consumer questions
- Data for products for registration
- Claim substantiation for product information file (PIF) documentation
- other R&D related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Master of Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, Pharmacy or related science
- 2-3 years' experience in a relevant industry i.e fast moving consumer goods
- Basic knowledge of product claiming, claim substantiation is a necessity
- Experience from coordinating clinical and consumer testing an advantage
- Analytical and eye for the details, but also able to set it within the wider context
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capability of working independently but above all being a good team player
- Fluent English & Finnish, Swedish is a plus
The position is a one-year maternity leave replacement starting by the beginning of December. If you have any further questions regarding this position, please contact VP of R&D and Sustainability, Tiina Isohanni on Oct 15th 9-11, Oct 16th 14-16 or Oct 21st 9-11, tel. +358 20 4877100 (Lumene switchboard).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application with CV by October 25th via our recruitment system.
- Occupational healthcare
- Employer subsidised restaurant in Kauklahti premises
- Reduced prices on Lumene and Cutrin products
- Employee benefit scheme (CAPS)