R&D and Research Funding Manager
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for an R&D and Research Funding Manager at ABB Oy, Marine & Ports Business Line in Vuosaari, Helsinki. In this role, you will not be doing scientific research yourself but rather be responsible for ensuring success in growing our business in a global environment, with a view towards meeting future customer value propositions.
- Managing the funding for the research portfolio within the business line, encompassing research done in consortia consisting of one or more of Marine & Ports’ local business lines, ABB Corporate Research Centers and external partners.
- Having landscape awareness, scanning and homing in on Marine & Ports’ access to third-party, governmental, international, developmental, defense and security, and civilian society funding for research and development.
- Choosing, building and committing to a consortium, and forming and leading internally in ABB Marine & Ports proposal capture team that prepares national (mainly Norway, Sweden, and Finland) and EU level funding instrument proposals.
- Building and leading selected research programs and associated R&D ecosystem consortia.
- Driving outside-in best practices for R&D execution based on identified external world class performance.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Engineering (for example in mechanical, electrical, or software).
- Proven track record in national and EU funding instruments and proposal preparation.
- Several years’ experience in an R&D or product development related function.
- Excellent written and presentation skills in English, other European languages are an advantage.
- Good planning and leadership skills.
- A proactive, and systematic way of working with pronounced attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID HQ68933223 by November 26, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, please contact recruiting manager Roy Funck, tel. +358 50 332 1307.