R&D Scientist, Molecular Diagnostics Reagents
We are looking for an experienced and motivated R&D Scientist to develop molecular diagnostic enzymes and reagents for the in vitro diagnostics industry. Work includes versatile and interesting tasks in enzyme production, assay development and QC within in our Molecular Diagnostics R&D team in Espoo.
Your main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Developing and producing recombinant enzymes and reagents used in molecular diagnostic applications
- Developing and validating Molecular diagnostic assays and QC protocols
- Planning, coordinating, and conducting experiments pertaining to protein expression, purification, and optimization
- Providing technical support to Product management and Sales teams
- Tracking and following up with relevant scientific and technology trends in the field of molecular diagnostics
Your experience and skills:
- MSc or PhD degree in Molecular Biology/Biotechnology or related disciplines.
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience in several molecular diagnostic technologies e.g. qPCR, Isothermal amplification, NGS, CRISPR and other nucleic acid manipulations/preparations
- 4+ years’ experience of developing and producing Molecular Diagnostic enzymes, such as polymerase, reverse transcriptase, and other nucleic acid manipulation techniques.
- 4+ years’ experience of Molecular Diagnostic assay development and QC within the IVD industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Finnish or Chinese language proficiency would be an advantage.
- Energetic and innovative mindset
- Great organizing skills with can do attitude
We offer you:
- Interesting and independent role in an innovative and inspiring working environment
- Talented colleagues with great, friendly, and caring atmosphere
- Opportunity to work in the growth company, in diverse and global working environment
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive salary and wide range of benefits
Interested? Please apply by registering your CV in English with your salary request by March 15th, 2021. Please note, that the position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For more information, feel free to contact Kevin Eboigbodin, Senior Director of Molecular Diagnostics Reagents