We are looking for a Quantitative Developer for the Energy Modelling team in the Market Intelligence unit. Market intelligence unit is responsible for providing corporate level energy market analysis from short term horizon (day-ahead, intraday, reserve products), up to long term horizon (strategic horizon, investments and energy policy) providing market insights for the following decades. The Market Intelligence team works in close co-operation with all Fortum business areas, and is highly visible and influential within Fortum, which means there is a high standard and trust in the quality of our modelling, analysis and recommendations.
We offer you
This is the start of your meaningful career journey at Fortum. We actively encourage job rotation and development activities across the company with open leadership as our guiding principle. The right candidate for this position has a passion for energy system modelling and especially for modelling the wind and solar power. Your tasks will also consist of the various modelling tasks that the trading horizon (up to six years ahead) as well as the strategic horizon (up until 2050) require. You should be able to:
- Take ownership of developing our wind and PV production models that are used by our market models
- Contribute to our market model development activities
- Create fit-for-purpose data driven analyses and visualizations
- Actively participate in discussions both within the Energy Modelling team and with Fortum’s Market Intelligence analyst pool.
You will report to the manager of Energy Modelling Jari Miettinen, Trading and Asset Optimization.
We hope you to have:
- At least 2 years of experience in energy modelling
- A demonstrable track record and passion for understanding complex phenomena and dynamics by modelling tools.
- Demonstrable experience in manipulating data with Python (preferred), R, Matlab, or similar.
- Preferably some experience working with meteorological data, such as reanalysis datasets
Furthermore, working with different data storage solutions (SQL, MS product family) and visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI) are considered clear assets.
Send your application via our recruitment system online by 17.10.2020 at the latest. If you like to hear more information, please contact Jari Miettinen, Manager of Energy Modelling, Trading and Asset Optimisation, +358 40 776 0739 on 1.10.2020 or 8.10.2020 at 13:00-15:00.