We are now looking for a mid-level Quant Developer to join our trading team in Espoo. The trading team at Gasum currently consists of five traders and one quant strategist focusing on trading and risk management in Gas, LNG, Oil and Power.
Quant Developer develops our internal risk management platform used for vanilla and exotic commodity derivatives. In this role you will be building out our physical commodities trading platform for Natural Gas and LNG and additionally enabling Front-to-back automation of the entire trade lifecycle. You will be working closely with traders on bespoke trade analysis and backtesting of trading strategies.
As a Quant Developer your main responsibilities will be:
- Extending our internal trading development platform used for pricing and risk analytics
- Front-to-back automation of the entire trade lifecycle
- Participating in the Natural gas, Biogas and LNG product development together with rest of the Trading team
- Development of product management and pricing IT tools and systems
What We Expect From You:
- Strong interest in software development especially using Python
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems in an understandable manner to non-expert peers and senior management
- Be a Self-starter, you must be able to work independently and deliver end-to-end solutions with little mentoring
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Basic understanding of financial derivatives and asset backed trading
- At least 2-3 years of programming experience in a commercial environment
This is a unique opportunity to join our ambitious and growing team where you will be able to work in close collaboration with Gasum’s major business units (e.g. Gas, LNG, Power and Biogas).
We offer you:
- Interesting tasks in a Nordic environment and insights into the energy sector
- Development opportunities in our responsible and innovative company
- An inspiring and modern workplace and an encouraging team to support you
Our ethical code covers looking after people and the environment alike. We aim at building a cleaner tomorrow.
Interested in building a cleaner tomorrow?
Please apply by September 20th 2020, enclosing your CV and salary request. For inquiries about the vacancy, please contact Head of Trading Jouni Liimatta (+358 40 829 3330) during the following times: Wed 9.9. 14:00 - 16:00 CET, Fri 11.9. 14:00 - 16:00 CET, or Fri 18.9. 10:00 - 14:00 CET.
Learn more about our company.