We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Quality & Opex Testing Specialist at ABB Oy, Transfomers unit in Vaasa. You will be performing routine testing, type testing, and special tests on power transformers and reactors in accordance with electrical safety regulations, standards, technical specifications and test procedures. In this position, you will be in close contact with customers from all over the world, leading factory acceptance tests together with project managers.
• Performing routine testing, type testing, and special tests on power transformers and reactors in accordance with electrical safety regulations, standards, technical specifications and test procedures
• Leading factory acceptance tests together with project managers in close contact with customers
• A challenging position in an international working environment as part of a team using the state-of-the-art transformer measurement tools
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company
• B.Sc. or M.Sc.in electrical engineering, preferably in high power
• Professional know-how in measurement systems and basic knowledge of IT communication technologies
• Precise job planning and organizing skills
• The ability to work in teams and good proactive communication skills
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Finnish and good skills in English
• A willingness to work in two shifts
Ideally, you have
• A few years’ experience in a relevant position
• Basic knowledge of the electrical and technical properties of power transformers and reactors
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position by September 16, 2018.
If you have questions, contact Niklas Knuts, tel. +358 50 334 5015.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com