Quality ManagerNordic Trout
Quality Manager - Fish Industry
Are you an experienced professional with a passion for maintaining and improving product quality in the food industry? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Quality Manager at our fish processing plants in Föglö, Åland.
As a Quality Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that our products meet the highest quality standards and that our plants adhere to strict hygiene protocols. You will lead regular audits and inspections to identify areas for improvement and ensure that our personnel receive the necessary training to maintain high standards of quality and hygiene.
- Oversee the quality management system and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards
- Implement and maintain a robust hygiene program to ensure the safety and quality of our products
- Plan and conduct regular audits and inspections to identify areas for improvement
- Provide training and guidance to plant personnel to improve work habits and ensure compliance with quality and hygiene standards
- Monitor and document product quality, including sampling and testing
- Audit and reclamation responsible, You work as a main responsibility for client audits and sub-contractors
- Maintain accurate records and documentation in line with food industry standards
- Work closely with other departments to ensure effective co-operation and communication
Your background and skills:
- Proven experience in quality management, specifically within the fish industry or a related food industry, is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of quality management systems and food safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills.
- English language is mandatory, Swedish and Finnish languages are big advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Possibility to travel every now and then in Åland, Finland and Sweden.
This is a full-time position with the possibility of remote 2-3 days per week. However, a weekly visit to our facilities in Föglö is mandatory and during the introduction period you need to spend more time in Föglö.
If you have a passion for product quality and a commitment to improving the work habits of our plants, we encourage you to apply.
Please apply with your CV and Cover letter to be considered.
Contact and more information:
We are happy to answer any additional questions you may have. Additional information can be provided by the Nordic Trout Sales and Production Director Kristian Routamaa, preferable via email email@example.com or via phone 045 139 3078 between 15:00 – 18:00.
Application and schedule:
1. The application period for the position ends on Sun, February 19, 2023. The application form can be found at: https://ats.talentadore.com/apply/quality-manager/ZxL40Z
2. We will review the candidate's application on February 21, 2023.
3. First round teams-meeting interview with Exe Headhunting consultant - February 23, 2023.
4. Second round interview in Turku with Nordic Trout HR and supervisor - Week 9-10
Nordic Trout is being assisted by Exe Headhunting in the hiring process. Additional information about the position can be obtained from Exe Headhunting's Business Director, Hannu Järvimäki, at 050 367 0862, outside of the call times.
Tip 1: Tell us in your CV what your job duties have included, just the title does not yet tell the content and your accomplishments.
Tip 2: Remember to tell us in your application why you would be suitable for this position, focusing on your future. From your CV we can see your history.
Nordic Trout is the largest rainbow trout producer in Finland and Sweden. In addition, the company produces rainbow trout roe in the late fall. Nordic Trout has a total of over 30 production facilities in mainland Finland, the Archipelago Sea, the Åland Islands, and Sweden. The staff is around 120 and the company's turnover was over 40 M€ in 2021.
Nordic Trout began fish farming operations in 1964 in Central Finland and in the late 1970s in the small archipelago community of Föglö in the Åland Islands province. In the early 2000s, the company expanded its operations to Sweden as well. In October 2015, the Hukkasen entrepreneur family, who are behind Finnish Kalaneuvos Oy, decided to expand their business into fish farming and bought the share capital of Nordic Trout. The successful cooperation between Kalaneuvos and Nordic Trout has continued for almost 10 years.
More information about the company can be found at www.nordictrout.com, and about the whole business at www.kalaneuvos.fi"
Nordic Trout on Suomen ja Ruotsin suurin kirjolohen kasvattaja. Sen lisäksi yhtiö tuottaa loppuvuodesta kirjolohenmätiä. Nordic Troutilla on yhteensä yli 30 tuotantolaitosta Manner-Suomessa, Saaristomerellä, Ahvenanmaalla ja Ruotsissa. Henkilökuntaa on noin 120 ja yhtiön liikevaihto oli vuonna 2021 yli 40 M€.
Nordic Trout aloitti kalankasvatustoimintansa vuonna 1964 Keski-Suomessa sekä 1970-luvun lopussa Föglön pienessä saaristokunnassa Ahvenanmaan maakunnassa. 2000-luvun alussa yritys laajensi toimintansa myös Ruotsin puolelle. Lokakuussa 2015 suomalaisen Kalaneuvos Oy:n takana toimiva Hukkasen yrittäjäperhe päätti laajentaa toimintaansa kalankasvatukseen ja osti Nordic Troutin osakekannan. Kalaneuvoksen ja Nordic Troutin menestyksellinen yhteistyö on jatkunut jo lähes 10 vuotta.
Lisätietoja yhtiöstä www.nordictrout.com sekä koko yrityskokonaisuudesta www.kalaneuvos.fi