We are now looking for an independent and seasoned
to our Herttoniemi headquarters in Helsinki, Finland.
As our Quality Manager you will plan, guide, and operate with quality for all Marimekko product categories. In this lynchpin role, you will support and advice both inhouse partners and our suppliers. You also work in close collaboration with our Quality Assistant and Sustainability Manager.
You will be responsible for:
• setting up technical quality targets for all product categories in close collaboration with our buyers and product development
• risk assessments and planning of quality controls to ensure the technical quality level for all the product categories
• consumer product safety and chemical management
• running and developing the inhouse textile laboratory
• providing quality information to sales, stores, supply chain, and product development
• acting as the CRM business key user for different development projects, training, etc., and
• factory audits; certifications for social/other audits (BSCI etc.) will be considered an asset
To succeed in this role, we are looking for someone who has
• a degree in textile engineering or similar field of study
• 5+ years of relevant working experience in comparable roles
• strong numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and positive personality
• strong leadership, teamwork, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• fluent written and spoken Finnish and English languages (must haves), and
• willingness to travel
In this role you will have an opportunity to work with professional people and different cultures in a global environment. We are committed to continuously improving our ways of working so that our customers can enjoy their Marimekko products from one generation to the next. You will be one of the key persons in delivering Marimekko quality to our customers.
At Marimekko, we encourage people to be themselves. We believe in fairness and doing things together, using common sense, and finding joy in our work. If you connect with these values and have the right background, we will offer you a unique opportunity to work in an exciting international business environment with an iconic Finnish brand.
For further information, please contact Arespartners’ Senior Consultant Johanna Lipponen, tel. +358 44 738 8988, best available on Thu 19 November 2020 at 15.30 – 16.30 (Finnish time) and Tue 24 November 2020 at 8.30 – 10 (Finnish time). If this sparked your interest, please send your application and resume in English with a salary request by 29 November 2020 at https://aresnets.arespartners.fi/.