The Quality Engineer supports the quality assurance efforts for Mining Equipment, Global Supply Chain, Quality Assurance (QA). This position will be responsible for ensuring that suppliers have all the necessary and correct information to perform successfully and that Metso: Outotec: Outotec global departments have communicated the project requirements internally. The position is to provide QA oversight on global projects, review and incorporate customer specifications, write procedures and specifications, and maintain supplier quality documentation databases. The position involves technical spec writing, quality plan/ITP writing, understanding basic manufacturing processes, understanding customer specifications and making sure the contract is being followed. Interaction with suppliers and all global Metso: Outotec departments as relates to Quality functions is required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, distribute, and revise the Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s). Follow customer approval and comments to ITP’s.
- Ensure that all specs, ITP’s and customer requirements are clear to all parties.
- Monitor and support all global projects for the above product lines.
- Communicate regularly with global Metso: Outotec quality and supplier quality, to establish that ITP’s and specs are being followed.
- Attend project kick-off meetings as required.
- Make revisions to Metso: Outotec Engineering specifications and department procedures.
- Responsible for document control of above.
- Maintain supplier capabilities spreadsheets (input from quality/supplier development personnel) and share with Purch, Engr, and Proposals.
- Monitor that the database of supplier capabilities and audits are up to date and filed logically.
- Prepare any required QA submittals required to be sent to the customer at the start of order.
- Review of supplier dimensional inspection reports, NDT reports, material certifications, and all QA test reports from suppliers.
- Compile customer document packages.
- Work with Purchasing, Contracts, Engineering, and suppliers to help resolve quality issues.
- Follow up with Engineering and suppliers on Quality Notification dispositions and CA’s.
- Interact with Contract Managers and suppliers in following ITP witness point notifications.
- Maintain Capital Equipment Orders spreadsheet of where components are manufactured for each Project.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Quality Assurance.
Up to 15% may be required for this position
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in a Technical or Quality field
- 5 years experience in a technical or quality field required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
- Experience with an AS400, SAP, or similar manufacturing business system required.
- Able to read drawings and have experience with codes such as AWS, EN or ASME required.
- Supplier portal, such as Pool4Tool, experience a plus.
- Experience in a heavy industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Able to read and interpret international technical codes and specifications required.
- Technical writing skills are required.
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and capable of handling personal interactions with all departments and suppliers. Work on assignments with little supervision.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing processes.
- Fluent English is required.
Apply by sending your resume and application through Metso-Outotec Careers page latest by June 13, 2022. Please include your salary request in your application.
If you want more information about the position, you can send email to hiring manager: email@example.com