We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Quality Development Engineer at ABB Oy, Motors and Generators unit in Helsinki. You will be working for the department responsible for the quality and process improvements within the profit center. You will need to have a good understanding of and experience in quality control processes, root cause analysis and LEAN tools. You are innovative, customer-oriented, pay close attention to detail and have good presentation skills.
• Solving problems, carrying out root cause analyses and implementing preventive actions
• Facilitating and participating in continuous improvement at every level of organization
• Supporting SCM, sales and project management in quality-related issues and documentation
• Developing the quality management system.
• An interesting position in a dynamic department
• The opportunity to work in innovative quality improvement
• The opportunity to work closely with ABB customers
• A challenging position to enhance professional growth
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical or electrical engineering or equivalent
• Several years of work experience in the manufacturing or process industry
• A good knowledge of quality processes, Six Sigma, LEAN and ISO 9001
• Auditing experience as lead auditor
• A good command of MS Office
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish.
Ideally, you have
• SAP skills
• An understanding of mechanical dimensioning and standards
• Knowledge of statistical and dynamic mechanical analyses.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65325494 by August 5, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Kaisa Junka, tel. +358 50 332 4055.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com