Quality & EHS Engineer, Parker Hannifin
Nordic Henkilöstöpalvelut Oy
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $13.7 billion, global company. With annual sales of $13.7 billion in fiscal year 2020, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
We are looking for a Quality & EHS Engineer to our customer company Parker Hannifin in Ylöjärvi.
Your job is to ensure that the Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) & Quality development projects and actions in PHDE Tampere are proceeding. You are responsible of the long term goals but you are also in charge of the daily activities in quality and EHS. In your role you will report to Division Quality Manager.
A successful Quality Engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to ensure that processes and products consistently meet established quality standards. You are in a driver’s seat when safety and quality culture is maintained and developed in our plant.
- Assuring compliance towards local EHS Regulations and Parker EHS Directives
- Warranty Handling (Customer claims)
- Identifying repeating problems in products or processes related to EHS, quality and drive improvements to eliminate them
- Implementing and controlling agreed quality processes
- Developing and supporting corrective actions implementation in a structured way, using quality tools
- ISO 9001 system maintenance and further development
- Supporting with ISO 14001 management system implementation
Qualifications and skills that suitable candidate should have:
- Bachelor or Master degree (technical area) and a few years’ experience in a quality role
- Experience of using quality tools for example A3, 8D, FMEA, SPC, MSA, Control Plan, PPAP.
- Knowledge and application of ISO 9001 requirements
- Experience in planning and execution of audits (internal and external)
- Understand processes from a quality point of view and skills to improve them
- Hands-on, flexible and with a positive “can-do” attitude on problem-solving
- Analytic and accurate working methods
- Good team working skills and ability to train employees
- English and Finnish language skills (spoken and written), other language skills are considered as an asset
The person selected for the position will be recruited directly to Parker Hannifin on a permanent basis. Work will begin as soon as possible. You will be offered an interesting position in a financially solid and international company.
If you are interested in the job, please submit your application through our electronic application system at www.nordic.fi, and tell us about your job history, skills, and availability. Please also attach your resume with possible referees and your salary request.
Further information on the position can be obtained from Parker Hannifin’s Quality & EHS Engineer Jere Pekonen, tel. 040 485 3387, on Monday 1th March from 1pm to 3pm and Thursday 4th March from 9am to 11am . For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Nordic Henkilöstöpalvelut Oy, Anna Virtanen, email@example.com.
Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.
Parker Hannifin EMEA Sàrl (“PHEMEA”), based in Etoy, Switzerland, is the Principal Operating Company for Parker in the EMEA region. It is supported by a network of Parker Manufacturing Divisions and Sales Company Entities. The Fluid Connectors Group EMEA is a strategic business Group within PHEMEA. Polymer Hose Division Europe (PHDE) is a key service provider to PHEMEA.