Quality Control (QC) Electrical Manager
Fennovoima will be building an emission-free nuclear power plant in the Pyhäjoki region. Would you like to be part of the solution? At Fennovoima you get to work in a unique international project together with the field’s leading experts. Our environment will enable you to use your expertise and develop your competencies. We care about our employees. You will have for example flexible working hours, possibility for remote work, comprehensive training, extensive occupational healthcare including health insurance, culture and sports benefit and well-being events. Join our growing team!
Quality Control (QC) Electrical Manager
As QC Electrical Manager you will have a unique opportunity to start and develop our Electrical QC unit in nuclear industry. You will be responsible for quality control of the electrical components and will also perform quality control during the manufacturing, installation and commissioning phases as well as during the operation of the plant. You will coordinate quality related activities with the supplier and sub-suppliers, Fennovoima inter-discipline colleagues and safety authorities. You will also follow up quality and schedule during the operations. You will ensure and if needed, train suppliers to follow requirements and safety culture principles during the whole process.
Your main tasks will include
- Building the Electrical Quality Control Team in QC unit from the ground-up
- Coordination, planning and guiding Electrical quality control activities
- Internal coordination with Fennovoima’s Electrical Responsible Person (acc. Electrical Safety Act), and coordination with safety authorities when needed
- Coordination of sub-suppliers and site inspections for Electrical components (in partnership with Fennovoima’s Electrical Supervisors)
- Coordination and participation in the qualification process (including witnessing of necessary FATs and SATs)
- Participation in supplier evaluation and technical assessment audits
- Organization of evaluation and approval of manufacturing and quality procedures
- Development of internal management systems processes and procedures related with inspection and surveillance of Electrical Components
The ideal candidate for this position has
- 10 years’ inspection experience in leading quality control of electrical components (manufacturing, installation and/or commissioning, of which 3-5 years in the nuclear field is an advantage)
- Good communications and team leading skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience in Electrical Power Plant’s Design or Commissioning or Operation & Maintenance activities
- Electrical qualification 1, S1 according to the Electric Safety Act is an advantage
- Knowledge of nuclear power plant design, YVL guide requirements, awareness of nuclear safety culture
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in engineering
- Experience of technical audits and supplier assessments
- Fluent English, Finnish and/or Russian are an advantage
- Readiness to travel at least once per month as the epidemic situation allows
We appreciate professional and positive team players who want to take responsibility, have the desire to develop new power generation and have the skill to listen to colleagues.
Do you want to join our team? Please leave your CV, respond to the open questions and give your salary request in our application form no later than 16.8.2021. For further information, please contact Quality Control Manager José Martins tel. +358 (0)20 7578 516 on Mon 5.7. at 11-12 or on Mon 12.7. at 11-12, or Psycon Consultant Laura Montonen tel. +358 (0)20 2101 265 on Thu 5.8. at 15-16. You can find more information about Fennovoima on our website: www.fennovoima.fi.
Employment at Fennovoima requires a passed personnel security clearance, according to the Finnish Act on Personal Security Clearances as well as a passed drug test, according to the Finnish Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life.
Work location: Capital region for 1-2 years, then Pyhäjoki.
Click here to learn more about José Martin's career story!