We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist at ABB Oy, Transformers unit in Vaasa. In this position, you will support the QA Manager in the maintenance and administration of the Quality Management System as well as finding ways to improve it.
• Assisting with the creation and implementation of instructions, guidelines and procedures, as well as ensuring conformance with them in order to drive standardization and consistent execution in meeting customer requirements.
• Documenting and reviewing non-conformance (NCRs) and defect reports.
• Filling in for the QA manager in all quality control work areas, including the proper implementation of required production standards and Quality Inspection Cards (QIC).
• Assisting with the analysis and communication of customer perceptions to guide local improvement actions to achieve greater customer satisfaction.
• Supporting the SCM function in collecting and tracking supplier quality data and metrics for routine reporting.
• Acting as supervisor for the small quality assurance team at the factory.
• The opportunity to work in the international energy business.
• A challenging position working with QA issues.
• The possibility to interact with all local Business Unit functions as well with the Global Quality Community.
• You have a technical education (e.g. engineer or M.Sc.).
• You are both conscientious and cooperative in your work.
• You are fluent in both Finnish and English.
Ideally, you have
• Work experience in Quality Assurance.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI65778498 by September 16, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Jussi Paananen, tel. +358 50 3341 863.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com