Quality and Process Development Manager (m/f/d)
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Quality and Process Development Manager (m/f/d) to join our UPM Biocomposites team in Bruchsal, Germany.
UPM is the global leader of the bio-based forest industry, and as part of UPM’s new businesses, UPM Biocomposites is a frontrunner in the development of the circular economy, Both of UPM Biocomposites’ business areas are leaders in offering a sustainable alternative to sectors traditionally dominated by fossil fuel-based plastics. UPM ProFi recycles plastic and fibre based waste into a range of high-performance decking for outdoor living. UPM Formi’s advanced natural fibre compounds are produced as granules allowing injection moulding manufacturers to replace traditional plastics with a more sustainable alternative that also offers enhanced performance properties. UPM Biocomposites is one of the Europe’s largest natural fibre composite manufacturers with factories located in Finland and Germany.
Further information: www.upmprofi.com www.upmformi.com and www.upm.com
What you’ll do
- Monitoring, evaluating and enhancing performance of the production processes and products, organizing data gathering and analysis.
- Looking at ways to reduce waste and improve effectiveness and coordinating related improvement projects.
- Implementation of product updates, new products, new technologies and new processes into Production.
- Ensuring consistent product quality on a daily basis and specially through improvement cycles.
- Planning, implementing, coordinating and reporting industrial scale validation runs. In charge of ramp-ups.
- Leading Quality by understanding process and interdependencies, process control and monitoring, process validation and process development.
- Advising production related changes to Management System. In charge of implementation, related trainings, tools and techniques.
- Maintaining QM standards, specifications and procedures for Production. Using relevant quality improvement methods/tools. Making sure that Production staff understood and commit to continuous improvement, incl. trainings and training materials.
- Planning recruiting, leading and developing of relevant personnel.
- Reviewing customer requirements and needs from Production perspective.
Who you are:
- You have a BSc/MSc degree in a relevant field of studies.
- You have min. 3 years of working experience in a relevant position for processing industry.
- You are capable and experienced in utilizing statistical productivity improvement methods (e.g. Lean, 6Sigma).
- You are confident in handling complex software, e.g. AutoCAD.
- You have a good knowledge of Quality Management and related methods/tools. Experience in auditing is seen as an advantage.
- You show a good level of communication and teamwork, leading a multicultural and interdisciplinary team is natural for you.
- You have hands-on mentality and like to work also in the mill.
- You have excellent skills in English and German, verbal and written.
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
We offer you an exciting and challenging role with potential to grow as well as the social benefits of a large international corporation. You will receive competitive remuneration according to the importance of the position and you will be well prepared for your responsibilities.
Are you interested in this position? We are looking forward to receive your online application. If there are any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Team in the UPM HR Service Center (email@example.com; +49 4963 401 1522).