ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Quality and HSE Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Vuosaari, Helsinki. In this role you will be working in our HSEQ function together with quality management, our HSE team and line organization. You will own our integrated management system, initiative and non-conformity process. Conducting internal audits and customer HSE site assessments will also be an important part of your role.
• Conducting analysis of customer feedback and hazard observations
• Preparing HSEQ reports and performing HSEQ actions in order to improve the effectivity of our integrated management system
• Participating in the line organization quality and HSE development projects
• Internal auditing and customer HSE site assessments
• A role in the global marine business environment and the opportunity to develop ABB’s quality and safety culture
• The opportunity to develop your skills in the areas of HSE and Quality
• The support of a team of HSEQ and L6S professionals
• The opportunity to further your career within our business line or the wider HSEQ function
• A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in a relevant field (quality or HSE) or alternatively a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Engineering with additional HSE or Quality training
• A minimum of few years relevant work experience in an HSE or Quality role in the industry (production unit shop floor or service business)
• Knowledge of HSEQ standards and the know-how to apply them in practice
• Basic knowledge of problem-solving tools and basic understanding of technology (electrical / mechanics / automation)
• Good interpersonal skills, a target and solution-oriented, systematic approach to work
• The ability to operate in a complex environment and tolerate uncertainty
• Willingness to travel around 20 days per year
• Good Finnish and English skills, both spoken and written
• Good knowledge of MS Office tools, including SharePoint and basic knowledge of SAP
Ideally you have
• Lean Six Sigma Green or Black belt
• Lead auditor training in the area of ISO9001 or OHSAS18001 (ISO45001)
• Russian language skills
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position as soon as possible, but latest by June 18, 2019. We will review applications during the application period and fill the position as soon as the right candidate is found. Search with the job ID FI69128366 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Niko Raudasoja, tel. +358 50 332 3223.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com