Qualcomm - Modem Systems Engineer
Qualcomm Finland Rffe Oy
Billions, maybe trillions of times a day… That’s how often people around the world touch something made better by Qualcomm. It could be the smartphone in your pocket, the tablet on your coffee table, that wireless modem in your briefcase… it could even be that navigation system in your car or that action camera strapped to your chest.Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
We are looking for a
Modem Systems Engineer
to join our development operations at Espoo, Finland.
As a Modem Systems Engineer you will get an exciting opportunity to work on the cutting-edge 5G+ PHY modem system design and validation for base station chipsets. We are looking for Modem Systems Engineers to develop 5G+ SoCs for base stations with focus on PHY and MAC layer design, link level simulations, technology validation, prototype development, and complete design cycle through commercialisation.
Modem Systems Engineer’s Responsibilities include:
- Analyzing latest 3GPP and other specifications to derive requirements
- Translating requirements into end-to-end designs
- Theoretical analysis and simulation of features, algorithms, and implementation trade off choices
- Presenting & documenting specifications, designs, and other results to cross disciplinary and diverse teams, and building consensus around solutions
- Supporting the implementation, verification, and commercialisation of features including test vectors and log analysis
Skills and Experience we would love to see
- PHY and MAC layers
- 5G NR, LTE
- Information theory, coding theory, adaptive filtering, signal detection and estimation, digital communications
- Modem algorithms design, including channel and interference estimation, advanced receivers, decoders, tracking loops, techniques to mitigate RF distortions
- Interference and mobility management in radio access networks, interference cancellation, equalization, multi-user detection
- OFDMA based FDD/TDD systems and licensed/unlicensed spectrum
- System architecture and design of algorithms for cellular modems
- Demonstrated skills in design of communications simulation tools
- Programming skills in C/C++/MATLAB
- Good grasp of radio communication theory and digital signal processing
- Solid understanding of fundamentals of wireless communication physical and MAC layer concepts
- Strong hands-on capability and extensive experience of system modeling and performance analysis
- Research or development experience for OFDM/OFDMA based systems
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Deep understanding of digital communications and signal processing
- Familiarity in LTE, 5G NR, including millimeter wave
- Strong programming skills in Matlab, C/C++
- Experience in system design for base station modems is a big plus
and design validation.
- Good communication skills and ability & desire to work in a cross-functional team environment.
What's on Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Sport & Culture Vouchers
- Vision & Dental reimbursement
- Lunch Vouchers
- Relocation and immigration support (if applicable)
- Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance
- Tuition Assistance
- Active social events calendar
Interested? Please submit your application along with your CV!
For more information about the job and the applying process, please contact Responsible Consultant Juhani Lettolammi, tel. 040 5517 060, email@example.com.